Sunday, June 10, 2007

Weekend Update

I plan to have a post every weekend that reveals the IBD 100 stocks that are highlighted as being near their buy point in the Monday edition of IBD, but there were no selections in this week's edition.

The market did bounce on Friday as I predicted in my last post, but I think nearly everyone knew that was coming. I took a position in QQQQ during its first pullback on Friday morning, which I am still holding; looking to make $1 or $2. I passed on what would have been a great dummy trade in MA on Friday. For the coming week, I am still considering a swing in GOOG. Also considering RIMM, which held up fairly well last week.

I have read some good cases for a move higher in the markets, and good cases made for a move lower. The market tends to humble the majority, so let’s see if a consensus forms this week. It should be an interesting week; good luck.

3 comments:

Dave Johnson said...

Comparing my extreme short term bullish technical environment to the fundamental bearishness of Sy Harding is hardly fair. I framed the context of a historical backtest that pointed to a fantastic short term swing trade opportunity - with a specific exit criteria. Which will be exiting very soon. (profitably) - so maybe we end up both being right. Sy and I that is :) Imagine.
All the best with the blog,
Dave Johnson
www.thetradingdigest.com

Mo-Trader said...

Dave

You’re absolutely right. By posting the two links together, I implied that they gave two opposing viewpoints. Of course, they really can’t be compared. Please accept my apologies. I just thought both articles were worth linking to. Congrats on the profitable trade and thanks for posting.

Dave Johnson said...

no apology needed. i just wanted to make sure your readers understood the difference between a trade and fundametal view. keep up the great work.

Dave Johnson