Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Time Out

I didn't trade well these last two days. I made a small profit in TASR on Monday. Because of market choppiness, I decided to buy pullbacks in stocks that were moving. I used limit orders to take positions in RIMM yesterday, and CF today. But both times, I was immediately out of the position for small losses after making mistakes when placing my stops. I'm not even sure what I did wrong when placing the CF stop this morning, but I knew that the best thing for me to do was to stop trading and walk away. I know how to place a stop, so there is some reason I made two mistakes in a row. It's hard enough to get an edge in the market when you're doing everything right, but when you're working against yourself, it's impossible to win. So I will take a cooler until I'm not so distracted. This is after all real money I'm using, and I don't want to lose it by making dumb mistakes. Besides, the market isn't looking too good right now. Cash may be a good place to be for awhile.

I'm still in my QQQQ position, since my target wasn't hit, but it isn't looking good right now. I may have to cut it loose early while I have a proft. Good luck out there.

No comments: