Monday, January 7, 2008

Stock List for Oversold Rally

I’ve decided to keep this site going, but it is going to be much different and updated much more frequently, with useful information for momentum and breakout traders. The IBD blackbox selections will also be back, and much more. I will be collaborating with others, so it should be good. I’m excited about it, but it won’t be coming soon enough. Hopefully in a few weeks, you’ll see some great changes….including a new URL.

Now onto trading: I’ve had four trades so far this year. A swing trade in CMED last week for +$2, and day traded IRIS today for +$1.30. My two other trades were in SID and MA last week for breakeven.

In looking at charts last week, so many of them were exhibiting symmetrical triangles; it was obvious the market was going to move big on way or another, and Friday it did. Looking at the charts today, they look so beautiful, so textbook. I am tempted to swing short, but we could see an oversold rally before we go much lower. If we see strength tomorrow, I will be looking for opportunities to day trade these stocks:

CHL, CTRP, EDU, FTI, GILD, ICLR, KNDL, MBT, MOS, SLT, XTO

As for swing short candidates, there are many to consider. I would like to see a rally first. I will especially be watching FSLR, GOOG and BIDU.

No comments: