Monday, November 26, 2007

Three Time Loser

I had some buy stops in place this morning, because I was expecting an oversold, end-of-month rally this week. All of them were triggered this morning, and I found myself in several positions, most moving strongly. I should have known what was going to happen next. This happened twice last month, and both times the market sold off hard in the afternoon, turning paper gains into realized losses, and that's what happened today. Here were my results:

FSLR: -$2
PCLN: -$2.30
GOOG: b/e

I also entered MA, and gave it a wider stop. I am still in. I sold half of my RIG position; should have sold it all.

I wasn't able to watch the market much, but I should have stuck to day trading, I would have done much better.

Holding: USO, GLD, FXE, RIG, MA

No comments: