Monday, July 30, 2007

Two New Positions

Entered two new swing positions today, FSLR and QQQQ. With the market so oversold, I wanted to play one of the index ETF's. For some reason, I have a preference for the Q's. FSLR is admittedly risky with earnings tomorrow. I don't plan to hold either of these very long.

These are my only two positions right now. I failed to mention that I was stopped out of TRA at b/e two weeks ago. I was in cash after being stopped out of RIMM and EWZ last Tuesday, which was a good place to be during last weeks market meltdown.

2 comments:

George said...

Hi, I enjoy your trading blog. Can you please post an update on the hypnosis therapy for trading? Any thoughts by now? I am considering it.
I have a problem with not cutting my losses soon enough. I'll have a bunch of good days then one very bad day.

Mo-Trader said...

Hey George. To be honest, I haven’t listened to the hypnosis MP3 for awhile. I listened to it for about a week after getting it, which they recommended doing. Since then, I have been pretty happy with my trading. I am definitely trading more calmly. I was able to stay in some profitable swing trades since then, like my AAPL swing trade, which earned over $20 per share. I used to get upset at taking even small losses, but lately it hasn’t bothered me at all, it’s just part of trading.

At the moment, I am not trading much, as I don’t see much advantage in my favor right now. Sometimes, I used to force myself to trade in bad market conditions, hoping it would work in my favor. I am not doing that now.

I can’t say for sure if the hypnosis session helped me, but I can’t argue with my results since then. The particular hypnosis MP3 I used does address taking losses when the trade doesn’t work your way, so I think it could help you. In my opinion, it’s worth trying.

Hope this helps.