Saturday, October 6, 2007

Weekly Review

Here is how my trading went this week. I will start off with the big loser, Las Vegas Sands, which I bought on Tuesday, then gapped down huge on Wednesday morning:

LVS: -$6.36

My second big gap down this week. I also had another loser, and that was FCX, which I had been watching as a gold play:

FCX: -$3

I had two swing positions that I held for a couple of days that sold after hitting my initial targets:

MA: +$3.40
CMI: +$4

MA had been an avoid for me, but it looked like easy money, so I took it. CMI I would have like to have held longer. I usually place a Buy Stop+TTO order, which means my position is closed automatically as it hits my preset stop or target prices. If the stock is doing well, then I will often remove the orders and adjust the stop and let it run, but I didn’t have a chance to do this with CMI on Friday. I’ll take the profit though.

Closed RIG after moving my stop.

RIG: +$1

I hate oil stocks; so slippery.

Tried day trading GRMN on Friday for b/e. I also re-entered FCX on Friday for another go.

Holding: AAPL, CROX, CTRP, FCX.

AAPL and CROX are doing well.

EDIT: CTRP doesn't look too good right now. I took partial profits on Wednesday and moved my stop to b/e, so I'll just keep holding.

No comments: