Monday, October 1, 2007

Out GRMN

Here’s the problem with swing trading. You take a position, and for days, maybe weeks, you watch it climb the wall of worry. The stock makes a nice gain, and you pat yourself on the back for making such a wise purchase. Then one day you wake up, and all of the gain you sweated and worried about is gone in an instant. That’s what happened to GRMN holders today who bought the most recent breakout:



That included me. The good thing was, as I mentioned in this weekends post, I sold half my position last week and moved my stop to b/e. GRMN opened below my stop, but I'm out of the trade with a profit:

GRMN: +$4.50

Selling half last week was simply luck, or fear. I knew it was due for a correction, but nothing like this. Although I would have made much more selling all last week, I am happy to get out with a profit.

I've been too busy at work lately to do any day trading. Sadly, it may be that way for awhile. I passed on some buy stops last night that I am kicking myself for now (FSLR, MPEL).

No comments: