Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Trading Results

Sorry I havent been posting much. I am currently travelling, and have'nt had much time to post or watch the markets, let alone trade.

My RIMM swing was sold for a loss last week:

RIMM: -$2

I had also bought CELG at breakout last Thursday, and assumed I got stopped out the following day, because I didnt see the stock in the MBT Navigator software, which is the trading platform for my broker, MB Trading. It wasn't there on Friday after market, or all weekend. I logged in yesterday, and WTF? I still own it? My stop wasnt hit after all, but sometimes stocks disappear and then reappear in the MBT Navigator. This isnt the first time it's happened. in fact, it has been happening a lot lately.

I mentioned awhile back that I was having problems with my broker. What had happened then was I had three positions that disappeared, all while the market sold off hard. I assumed the stocks were sold when my stops were hit that day, but the next day, I still owned them! I sold those positions at market, then called the MB Trading Desk, and they acknowleged their mistake and credited my account the difference. But I am learning that I really have to babysit my trades with these guys, especially with stops. I really need to switch brokers.

EDIT: Just bought BIDU.

No comments: