Sunday, March 2, 2008

Special Announcement

Hello Everyone


I am moving the blog to a new site. The URL is:

http://www.momentum-trader.com

I will be posting my nightly research there. The blog will be less personal, but I wasn’t sharing much personal information about myself here anyway. I want to keep the blog focused on trading. I will still be preparing the nightly research in a post called the ‘Momentum-Trader Report’ (MTR).

Please redirect your bookmarks, RSS readers and blogrolls to the new site. If you have a trading site and would like to exchange links, please email me: motradr@gmail.com, or just link to the site. I will see it in WordPress and will link back ASAP.

A few things about the old blog:

  • The original purpose of this blogspot blog was to record my trades, in the hopes becoming a better trader by making them public, and getting insight from other traders. Not only didn’t it help my trading, it may have made my trading worse, by adding pressure of revealing my trading weaknesses. Toward the end of ’07, I was mostly churning money, as my account size remained static.
  • I was following stock newsletters for most of 2007. There is nothing wrong with that, in fact, it can be great help learning from more experienced traders. Even with great picks though, I as not trading well. I was lazy in my trading, not paying attention to what the market was doing, and either getting out of winners too early, or holding on too long. I figured there was no sense in subscribing to newsletters if they didn’t help me make money. I can do just as well on my own. So I canceled all my paid subscriptions and decided to do this on my own.
  • For the last few weeks, I have been posting nightly stock picks. The results so far have been very good for my account. I had one of my best months ever in February. Sure, it helped that the market rallied, and one good month doesn’t make a great trader, but doing research every night and preparing picks really seems to help. By sharing my research, I feel obligated to put in the time to do the research well. I hope in the process I will become a better trader, and perhaps help some traders who are just starting out.

So I’ve decided expand this operation, that's the reason behind the new site.

Thanks everyone for visiting here, it’s been fun. See you at the new site.

-Mo-Trader

No comments: